At a time there are more than 1.5 billion smart phones in the world, everybody knows the answer to how important app developers are. The iOS market has been steadily growing and while Android is an app paradise, where the iOS scores is the money. iOS apps make a lot more money than Android ones for developers and here are the statistics to back it up. Google paid $5 billion to its developers in 2013, while Apple paid $7 billion.
Role of an iOS app developer
The software industry has been growing in leaps and bounds because of those numerous app developers who strive to bring to life any prototype that is given to them. Products like the iPhone, iPad, and the iPod are a result of their efforts. If this industry has always fascinated you and you are looking to make a name for yourself in this field, then you must imbibe the following qualities to become a successful iOS developer.
- Research ways to improve upon the performance of your app: Nobody likes to stare at the screen for a long time anticipating that their required app would finally open. If this happens, even though the quality of the product is very good, you may lose your customers to the competitive product that has a faster processing period. So in order to make your customers happy and make the best use of the resources you must use algorithms that provide optimal solutions. Some instances, which enable a better performance, are using scroll lists to minimize loading time, storing images and data in the cache etc. One other helpful tip to enhance the performance is to disable all console logs in the production environment.
- Write well-documented codes: A well-documented code helps your team members understand the functionality better and can be reused for similar logic. The documentation will also help you at a later date to understand the program flow at a glance instead of trying to devise the whole logic again.
- Organize your code changes better with a source code management system: A source code management system efficiently organizes all the versions of code you have created for your app. This way you can access any version at any given point of time. Some useful SCM’s are GIT, Mercurial, and Subversion.
- Test your app from a lame man’s point of view: Each application must be thoroughly checked for possible errors. Don’t take it for granted that the user will know the basics of operation.
- Become proficient in your domain: Know all that is to be known about your development environment. This will be very handy when coding under deadlines. Mastering the shortcuts will help you get more work done in less time.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for assistance when stuck: The iOS platform is huge and there is a new development almost every day, it is only natural that you may not be acquainted with all the information. It is good to get help when required.
It’s important to keep updated with Apple’s policies. Remember, Apple launched the Swift code for developers a while back and you need to be well versed with the language. While the Swift by itself is not that difficult to learn, provided you know the other languages, you do need to take out time from your busy schedule to learn it.
Blog Source- https://www.mindinventory.com/blog/what-does-it-take-to-be-a-successful-ios-app-developer-the-must-knows/